Modern Charm. Uniquely Newport.
- Business Profile
Business Overview2 Kay Street known as "Hilltop" was erected in 1905 for Dr. Charles W. Stewart and his family. Dr. Stewart was a prominent physician with offices in the house. The Stewart family lived in the home till 1959 when it was purchased by the Murray Family. Paul and Florence K. Murray met each other in Law School at Boston University. A native of Newport, Florence served in World War II as an officer in the Women's Army Corps, and represented Newport as Rhode Island's first female State Senator. Her life of firsts continued when she became the first female justice in Rhode Island. Her judicial career culminated with her appointment as the first female Justice of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. The Newport County Courthouse is named for Florence. The Murray family sold the property in 2005 and in 2006-7 a complete renovation resulted in the creation of the Hilltop Inn.
- Newport, RI
- Member since Jul 2022