Latino y Sano!
Mental Health Non-Profit
- Business Profile
Latino y Sano! is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide mental health resources, psychoeducation and dismantle the stigma of psychotherapy in the Latino Diaspora.
*All proceeds from our Shop go to funding our mission!
Meet Your Seller
Latino y Sano!, was founded in 2021 by Juan E. Rosario Jr. MA. The idea of Latino y Sano! came into existence as Juan moved throughout his doctoral studies. Juan who provides an array of psychological services to the Latino community witnessed the negative beliefs surrounding mental health treatment. As such, Latino y Sano! was born! Our mission is to provide mental health resources, psychoeducation and dismantle the stigma of psychotherapy in the Latino Diaspora.
We fulfill our Missions three pillars by—
Mental Health Resources:
- We provide a host of wellness resources on our social media accounts
- We launched our Summer Internship program in 2022 and it was a success! Our Summer Internship involved teaching youth about mental health disorders, mental health careers, fundraising, research, and development of professional soft skills.
- Volunteers and Interns have the opportunity to Work From Home – Virtually from anywhere! We have interns and volunteers in the U.S.A., Africa, Latin America and Europe.
- We host community events providing mental health education to reduce the stigma.
- We host virtual talks respective to mental health, stigma and the location of resources.
- We create free educational e-books for the community.
How Do We Dismantle the Stigma of Psychotherapy:
- We increase representation through our social medias, events and community engagement.
- We are working with professional grant writers to address the financial barriers individuals in need of psychological/specialty services have.
- We invite Latino/Hispanic providers who share their expertise and cultural considerations when treating/working with Latino/x individuals.
- Providence, RI
- Member since Aug 2023