Literacy Chef Publishing LLC
Dana Gambardella, Children’s Author - Embrace Literacy. Live To Learn. Love Your Process.Shop Products
- Business Profile
- Shop Products
Dana Gambardella, President of Literacy Chef Publishing, LLC, is a Rhode Island children’s author, educator, and love-to-laugh Italian American. Her two passions, literacy and culinary arts, nurture her own story each day. As a Reading Specialist she celebrates the similarities between educating young readers and being a chef enthusiast; experts in both areas must combine the right ingredients, practices, and love to create a successful recipe that reaches many learners and palettes.
Join @LiteracyChef in savoring a child's best ingredients through the power of story and growing families of readers as they embrace literacy, live to learn, and love their process. Her two children's books below are available for purchase and can include a personalized message from the author herself.
Mama Bear's Magic
- Relatable to parents and children
- Humor engages young readers and entices them to read more
- Encourages the importance of independent self-care and hygiene
- Highlights the bond between mother and child
- Showcases older siblings as role models
- Appropriate mentor text to support health education regarding hygiene delivered by nurses and educators
- Helps children realize that fears do not have to be forever (so current considering our current pandemic)
- The perfect gift for mothers-to-be and/or adding to a child’s bookshelf
- The character’s thoughts and actions elicit emotion in readers of all ages
- Encourages children to reflect on their own process and how experiences shape them
- As a mentor text, supports educators with cross-curricular connections, i.e. the five senses, sensory imagery, memoir and descriptive writing, and social-emotional learning discussions.
- A Read-Aloud for all ages
- The perfect gift to honor a Grandmother’s birthday and/or National Grandparents Day
*** Receive a free coloring page with every book purchase. ***
Meet Your Seller
Dana Gambardella, President of Literacy Chef Publishing, LLC, began her self-publishing company in 2018 as a way to merge her passion for childhood literacy with a vital mission for young readers to embrace literacy, live to learn and love their own process. She believes that this is an essential ingredient for young readers to develop a love of story and a lifetime of literacy.
Dana writes to create stories that grab hold of every reader's heart in a way that's personal to them. She believes that a love of reading and learning can be fostered in a child starting with the first book. The moment a youngster locks his gaze on an illustration in a picture book, while responding to a familiar voice reading the story, is a pivotal opportunity to ignite a love of reading and spark the flame of learning.
As an author, Dana uses her imagination and creative thinking to bring her experiences and memories to life, in realistic, and entertaining ways for all readers. She values using story as the one constant innovative practice that remains powerfully instrumental for children, adults, and learners of all ages.
Dana's life-long interest in writing, children's books, and literacy was nurtured during her undergraduate and graduate coursework at Providence College. She currently works as a Reading Specialist in RI and as an adjunct faculty member in the Graduate Literacy Program at Providence College. Dana offers virtual and in-person author visits to organizations/events that are interested in fostering childhood literacy and igniting the joy of reading in young readers. Connect with Dana to create the perfect Reading Recipe for your child or group of learners.
- North Providence, RI
- Member since Jul 2022